How can you spot the symptoms carbon monoxide poisoning?
Carbon monoxide (CO) is produced when your supply of Liquid Petroleum gas (LPG) fails to ignite properly. Carbon monoxide leakage occurs when gas appliances are badly fitted or not maintained.
Carbon monoxide causes serious long term damage to your health or even death if you are exposed. The safest way to prevent poisoning is by installing a carbon monoxide alarm.
Remember, carbon monoxide is odourless and can go undetected for a long period of time. Many of the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning resemble that of flu, food poisoning or viruses so they can be mistaken for other problems.
You must contact the Gas Emergency Helpline on 0800 111 999 if you notice any of the following symptoms:
Loss of consciousness